Pages

sábado, 10 de julio de 2010

Lost in Austen

"Never mind the Bingley, bring on the Darcy"


I'm not hung up about Darcy. I do not sit at home with the pause button on Colin Firth in clingy pants, okay? I love the love story. I love Elizabeth. I love the manners and language and the courtesy. It's become part of who I am and what I want. I'm saying that I have standards.

Elizabeth Bennet: Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy of Pemberley? I am your wife.
Mr. Darcy: I do not recall marrying you, Madam. I think I would have noticed if I had.
Elizabeth Bennet: We have been married nearly 200 years.

Everyone you know miss Price will one day pry your fingers from the raft and watch you drown, it's the way of the world, everyone...Except me.



Hear that sound, George? Duh-uh-uh-uh! That's Jane Austen spinning in her grave like a cat in a tumble-dryer.

Amanda Price: The rest of us are gonna say goodbye nicely and watch you step through all that plumbing into fictional Georgian England and that'll be it. And then we'll all spend the rest of our lives in therapy. It's going to be fine.

Amanda Price: Look, in the book you don't exactly hit it off - to begin with. Just keep talking. From the talking comes the love.

Amanda Price: I need to use the telephone. I need to call my boyfriend.
Elizabeth Bennet: Of course.
Amanda Price: Elizabeth Bennet is lending me her mobile.

God almighty, here you are. One half of the greatest love story ever told.


Mr. Darcy: Amanda. It means 'She who must be loved'.
Amanda Price: You must not. You must not...
Mr. Darcy: Wherefore must I not? Who is to judge us? I have laboured so long in the service of propriety.
Amanda Price: Elizabeth. I am not Elizabeth. The entire world will hate me!
Mr. Darcy: Were that true, Amanda, I would fight the world! You are the one I love.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Archivo